Garbage Collection Schedule
Holiday Garbage Schedule: Refer to Borough Calendar
Bulky metal household items: Collected by appointment only. Call Waste management at 800-717-3366 to make a appointment.
Yard waste, brush, branch, and sticks collection: Entire Town collected on Thursday. Cut to 4 feet length, and not to exceed 4 inches in diameter. The sticks are to be tied, bundled, or placed in containers.
Leaf Collection: For year 2010, starts October 11 and continues through December 31 on Thursdays. Place leaves in compostable paper bags at curbside. Montvale will not be distributing leaf bags, however these bags may be purchased at any hardware stores or home centers.
Cardboard, Corrugated Boxes and Chipboard(cereal boxes, etc.): Materials are to be broken up, tied in bundles and kept separate. Place outside for pick-up on your regular recycling collection day. Do not combine cardboard and corrugated boxes with newspapers and magazines.
Non-metal bulky household items: Picked up on regular garbage collection day.
Grass Clippings: Collected Collected on Thursday. Place clippings in re-usable container.
Household Batteries: Household batteries are no longer collected by the boro.
Electronic items: These items are now accepted at the rear of the Recycling Center. Television sets of all types are not accepted for recycling.
Holiday schedule for Garbage & Recycling Collections: Refer to Borough Calendar
Common Pickup Problems
Many Residents have experienced some problems regarding yard waste collections. In some instances, the problem was as simple as a missed pickup. However, there are other instances in which the yard waste was not collected, the following list of DOS and DON'TS will help eliminate some of the collection problems.
- Grass collection, grass must be place in reusable containers (garbage cans) the total weight should NOT EXCEED 50 POUNDS please be considerate of the garbage man.
- None of the large green landscaper pails are to be used for yard waste pickup.
- Branches and sticks must be tied in bundles.
- Use yard waste stickers on your pail. Stickers are available at the Borough Hall.
- Please refrain from using paper leaf bags they are meant to be used during leaf season.
- Large amounts of yard waste may not be picked up on one collection day.
- Residents may bring logs to the recycling center. Logs and large branches will NOT be picked up curbside.
- Do NOT put yard waste in plastic bags.
Please be sure to follow these guidelines to help you with your yard waste collection.